Sunday 6 August 2017

004: Turrican Anthology


Factor 5 / Rainbow Arts
Uses: CD32Load by JOTD, WHDLoad by Wepl. Slaves: T1T2, T3, Super Obliteration (Easter Egg)
Cover and select screen: Steve
CDXL Intro: Derived from the Turrican 3D Trailer and Motion Reel, using Charles-Henri Avelange's Heavy Metal remix of the Turrican 1 Title.
ISO Master and control fixes: Earok

A complete revamp of the previous anthology release, now all three games feature seven button CD32 pad support - almost all functions are on discrete buttons, including "Jump" on the Blue/Forward buttons for the first time.

Turrican 3 in particular receives a significant gameplay boost, in that the "rope" mechanic can be activated or deactivated at will without a charge up time.

Select and control screen


Exclusive intro

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this great compilation, here in Germany is Turrican a big Legend. Turrican 1 has some glitches, but i have this one on a another cd. Sadly there is no "Tony and Friends in Kelloggs Land" on the disc, but I can wait. Sorry for the bad english and keep up with your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! This is a really nice collection. :) I have a problem i hope someone can help me with it. Not just this one game but a few others. Turrican 3 only plays in black and white with weird scanlines :( is this a problem with my console or can something be done about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I usually don't burn anything. But as I know I just have to burn the ISO to a CD.
    Done with Super Cars, but I only receive a black Screen on both of my Amiga CD32.
    With the Turrican ISO I receive after minutes a workbench Screen. Nothing more.
    What do I have to do that the games are working?
    I use Tevion 700 MB 52x CDs - pure silver

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW THX! Könnt ihr bitte eine Version schreiben mit 2 Feuerknöpfen? bitte bitte :D brauche ich für das Autofire oder ein Autofire Knopf?

    Ich warte seit 24 Jahren auf so eine Turrican Disk mit cd32 Pad!!! DANKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. du bist willkommen!

      You'll need a CD32 pad with autofire for that feature. I've been using the Honeybee pad, works very nicely for that.

      Delete
  6. Many thanks for this version! May I ask how you did get the blue button for jump working? When I start the WHDLoad slaves of this ISO on my A1200 from Workbench, the blue button doesn't work for jumping. Only when I start from CD32 it works. Is there some trick, e.g. a modified SetPatch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great compilation of one of my favorite series of games ever.

    However, as someone who grew up playing this with two buttons (a Sega Master System control pad) some of the button mappings don't make sense.

    This would work better at building on the 2 button support from the original games and making better use of the extra CD32 buttons:
    Fire - Red
    Ball - Blue or Reverse
    Jump - Green or Up
    Wave/Rope - Yellow or Forward
    Super Weapon - Reverse + Forward

    Is there any way of changing the button mappings as desired?

    ReplyDelete