Sunday, 24 May 2015

The ongoing rebuild, part 1

The downloads are gradually being restored after the nightmare of having to deal with the virus issue. While it was originally a real kick in the guts, it's turning into a blessing in disguise - although I had to put several ongoing CD32 projects on hold, revisiting the previous ones has allowed me to enhance them, and to find solutions to issues that were plaguing me before.

Kick Off 2 (original edition) and Oh No! More Lemmings were slow loading in the previous release, we've solved the problems with both of them by using different hard drive loaders. Also not only does Lemmings 1 support a joypad (like the original CDTV release), Lemmings 2 and 3 do as well.

The complete list of restored downloads (currently 10) is on the original post.



Please let me know if you'd like to contribute time helping out the project - I'm still after save files for Flight of the Amazon queen, and I haven't yet had much of a chance to test the re-releases to see if they work on a real CD32 without issue.

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work you guys do. It's nice to see the CD32 get some love.

    A quick question... I recently acquired a copy of Liberation: Captive II on eBay and I was curious about the chances of seeing the first game ported over (or maybe even a compilation).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great work ; the virus issue doesnt bother me, i play on a stock CD32 anyway. I got a question. Could you do a port of "Tony and Friends in Kellogs Land", this is an amazing platformer from Factor 5. This would be kind, Sorry for the bad english. Greets from germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions guys
    @Geoffery I'll investigate but I suspect it might be too difficult to implement gamepad and/or save support. I will definitely see what I can do though.

    @Markus We're actually planning a collection of a certain series of Factor 5 platformers (I guess I've already said too much ;) ) so I suppose I could shove it in as a "bonus". Though I've been dwelling on the idea of a collection of "promotional games" too eg McDonald Land, Guldkorn Expressen etc, maybe Cool Spot if I can get the damn thing to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, this would be great !!!

    ReplyDelete